getopts missing with latest cygwin

Erik Nolte enolte@campuspipeline.com
Mon Oct 9 15:48:00 GMT 2000

Getopts is not obsolete.  The ash maintainer(s) seem to think that getopts
is a job control feature and have disabled it.  To get a working /bin/sh
download the ash (and common) source, edit ash's builtins.def to remove "-j"
from the getopts line, configure, compile, and copy new-sh.exe to
/bin/sh.exe.  Hopefully an ash maintainer will fix this.

- Erik

> > I'm having a problem with a shell script (written by someone else) that
> > uses getopts.
> > Apparently getopts is obsolete.  Is there an executable getopts
available?