Alpha CPU

John Beardmore wookie@wookie.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 10:58:00 GMT 2000

Has cygwin been ported to run under NT 4 on the Alpha processors ?

If not, what would I need to do a port ?

I've been given a couple of 2100 servers and was thinking of running
Linux on them, but it sounds as if Linux isn't rock solid with multiple
processors under Sable architecture.

I'm wondering if I might get best use of these boxes by leaving NT in
place as an abstraction layer to use both CPUs, while giving me an
environment that can run most Linux apps ?

To what extent does the cygwin dll offer a unix kernel style api ?  I
assume Linux executables can't be persuaded to run under cygwin without
some recompilation ?

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore