Two snapshot bugs

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Wed Oct 11 12:37:00 GMT 2000

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 01:37:54PM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>cgf wrote:
>
>> How long does it take before bash exits?  Can you get it to exit in
>> 20 repetitions of something simple like /bin/pwd?
>
>Right now I'm using the 10/10 snapshot.  I cannot get it to logout after
>over a hundred pwd's, or ls's for that matter.  But it did 'auto-logout' on
>me about a half hour ago, when I ran notepad from the bash prompt.  Running
>notepad now several times did not cause any logouts.
>
>One of them real fun ones, huh? ;-(

Oh yeah, this is really fun.  The fact that it has improved in 10/8
should be a clue but so far I'm to dense to figure out the clue.

Anyway, I'd be deliriously happy if I could see it fail even once.

>Haven't done enough yet today to tell if the '100% usage' thing is still
>there.  It was pretty bad in the 10/8 snapshot.  I'm going to try a
>cross-compile of GCC which is sure to make it show up if it's still there...

I don't expect it to have changed in the 10/10 snapshot unless Corinna's
changes did something, which is doubtful since she wasn't trying to fix
this problem.

Corinna sent me a gdb trace of a process in this state but it wasn't
useful, unfortunately.

I'm thinking of buying a new computer to test this.  Mine are obviously
charmed.

cgf