Who broke the new SETUP.EXE?

Town, Brad btown@ceddec.com
Fri Oct 13 07:52:00 GMT 2000

>> In addition, when downloading the initial files, SETUP.EXE shouldn't
>> use the simple browse dialog, but the full file dialog.  If I want
>> to save in a new directory it is impossible in the browse dialog
>> because it has no method to create new directories.
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/cvs.html
>
>I couldn't find a dialog that let you create and pick a directory,
>without also letting you pick a file, which is an invalid response in
>that case.

You can get a slightly more advanced browse-for-folders dialog on some
platforms by adding BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE (0x0040) and BIF_EDITBOX
(0x0010) to the ulFlags member of the BROWSEINFO structure.  The new
style provides full context menus, a "New Folder" button, a resizable
dialog, etc.

BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE only works with version 5.0 or later of shell32.dll
(available with Windows 2000).  BIF_EDITBOX only works with version
4.71 or later of shell32.dll (available with IE4 with the shell
update).  Both flags are ignored on platforms not supporting them.

Brad Town