setup.exe incorrectly identifies build versions?

John Pollock jpollock@curl.com
Tue Oct 17 14:26:00 GMT 2000

I just noticed that the old setup.exe (non-GUI) and the GUI setup.exe both
seem to have a install versioning issue.  I did an update of cygwin
(setup -u) on a machine which already had cygwin 1.1.4 installed, and my
updated source tree had a copy of bash-0002.0004.0002.  On the destination
machine, bash 0002.0004.0001 was installed, but the setup program claimed
that a newer version of cygwin was already installed than the one i was
trying to install.  I got the same error using the new GUI setup program,
and was only able to fix it by deleting
HKLM\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Installed Components\c:/cygwin\bash.
At that point it installed bash-0002.0004.0002 properly.  Is this a known
issue?

Thanks much!
John