bugs in zip and bash

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 05:50:00 GMT 2000


--- DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com> wrote:
> 
> > > Easy patch - feel free to try changing it yourself; you might surprise
> > > yourself ;-)
> > 
> > Hmmm, I thought setup.exe was a windows-API program, so I didn't even think
> > of trying to fix it.  Is it buildable under cygwin?  How can I get
> setup.exe
> > to install the source (for any of the cygwin sub-packages)?
> 
> http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/cvs.html
> 
> You'll have to build it all the first time, which takes a while, but
> after that you'll only have to build src/winsup/cinstall.
> 

Just a reminder, you must configure and build in an empty directory, not in the
src directory.  The make process takes me about 30 minutes.  I haven't timed
the configure so I don't know how long that takes.

> Yes, it builds with cygwin.  I build it that way all the time.
> 

As do I.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd
mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com

---         < http://earniesystems.safeshopper.com >         ---
--- Cygwin: POSIX on Windows < http://gw32.freeyellow.com/ > ---
---   Minimalist GNU for Windows < http://www.mingw.org/ >   ---

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Messenger - Talk while you surf!  It's FREE.
http://im.yahoo.com/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com



More information about the Cygwin mailing list