Using MS header files

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) lhall@rfk.com
Wed Oct 18 08:02:00 GMT 2000

At 05:02 AM 10/18/2000, Jürgen Schuck wrote:
>I Would like to use WLDAP32.DLL in my application.
>There is a header file (WINLDAP.H) along with the
>DLL. Because I have no MS development environment
>I worry about MS license terms. Am I allowed to
>copy header files from MS to my cygwin environment?
>
>Can someone tell my how to make a cygwin header
>file from a MS one? Or did even someone convert
>WINLDAP.H and let me participate in his work?
>
>Any keywords to search the mail archive appreciated.
>

>Jürgen

There is no "process" for converting a MS header to a Cygwin one.  The
reason for this is the MS license, which doesn't let you do this.  Existing
header files were constructed from MS documentation.  Legally, this is
probably the only way to generate files with the information you need.
Note, I'm not a lawyer.

Hope that helps,