cygwin problem...

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 05:39:00 GMT 2000

--- Thomas Bouve <thomas.bouve@khbo.be> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Thomas,

> I read on the cygwin mailing list that you are a cygwin user and I was
> wondering if you could help me out.
> I'm using the latest build (cygwin 1.1.4) and I try to run edit.com in
> bash.  The problem is that it doesn't start.  I specify edit.com and It
> hangs! nothing more.  Then my system resource meter gives a 100% cpu
> usage and I have to reboot to get the proc time back.  It's no use
> killing the bash window, the leak persists.  I'm using win98 and the
> latest cygwin.dll (1.1.4)
> I'm having this problem with other non cygwin apps as well (like the vim
> distribution from the vim.org site, not the cygwin version)
>
> Btw: I have the env var cygwin=notty (so that can't be the problem)
>
> thanks,
>
> Thomas
>
> email: thomas.bouve@kh.khbo.be

Please send queries such as these to the cygwin@sources.redhat.com.  I have no
idea as to why your system is acting the way it does.  I don't have and have
never used windows 98.

Also, you'll need to provide the output of `cygcheck -s -r -v' pasted in a mail
to the list and not to me.

Thank-you,

=====
Earnie Boyd