Cygwin 1.1.4: gcc uses wrong search path for as

Sanjay Hortikar horti@LynuxWorks.COM
Fri Oct 20 14:12:00 GMT 2000

Hi
Here's the description of a bug I seem to have found. Thanks in advance
for any suggestions to resolve this problem.

Platform:
---------
   Cygwin 1.1.4 installed on an x86 PC running Windows NT 4.0
   See cygcheck.out for more information.

Problem:
--------
I was trying to compile hello.c. The current directory contained a script
called "as". gcc used this script instead of the assembler.

I tried the exact same thing on Cygwin b20 (with the rest of the platform
identical). It worked correctly (gcc did not use the as script in . )

How to reproduce the problem:
----------------------------
The attachment is a shell-archive. Save the attachment in a text file
called "bug.shar". In Cygwin, do
sh bug.shar

This will create a directory called "bug" with the files hello.c, a script
called "as", a README file and cygcheck.out. Here is what I did and the
output I got:

$cd bug
$echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32:cygdrive/c/WINNT
$gcc hello.c

* as script in local directory got called  *