newbie cygwin install

DJ Delorie dj@delorie.com
Sun Oct 22 10:57:00 GMT 2000

> As Christian says, the problem is setup.exe

And I fixed it.  Doesn't anyone pay attention?

> The old-setup.exe put everything in.

The old-setup doesn't set up cygwin as correctly as the new setup.

> If anyone from Cygwin is listening -

On a weekend?  You're kidding, right?

> PULL THAT VERSION until you have fixed it.

No.  I don't take *orders* from people WHO DON'T PAY ME.  I work for
Red Hat, not you.  Everything I do for the net version of cygwin is
*volunteer* work.  If you would like to purchase a copy of GNUPro for
Windows with a support contract (um, I think the average contract is
about $7500/year), you can submit bug reports and expect them to get
fixed.  Otherwise, you ask NICELY and you say PLEASE.  Got it?

> No one benefits from having a program posted with that major a bug
> except Bill Gates.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were the one person in the world who
never made mistakes.  Besides, it wasn't a major bug - in order to
reproduce it, you had to manually download some of the files from the
ftp area, but not all of them, and install from that.  If you
downloaded everything, or let setup download what it needed, or
installed directly from the internet, you wouldn't see this bug.