So, has anyone *tried* the new gcc test release?
Norman Vine
nhv@cape.com
Sat Oct 28 05:56:00 GMT 2000
Christopher Faylor writes:
>
>There was a lot of discussion about the problems with gcc
>where something like:
>
>#define foo bar \^M
>baz
>
>caused problems.
>
>So, I asked DJ to fix this and made a new release.
Thanks !
>
>Where are all of the "Yay! It fixes everything!" or "This doesn't work
>for me!" comments?
>
>Has anyone tried this?
I have been using this and I can say
This does not appear to break anything
and seems to work just fine. :-)
However I haven't gone back and reinstalled all of the problem
packages that I had manually fixed inorder to rigorously test this.
I have tried a few test cases and they worked fine where
the earlier release doesn't.
However due to my limited testing I am hesitant to proclaim
Yay, This fixes everything :-))
But I can say
Yay -- This is a GREAT Improvement !!.
Cheers
Norman VIne
--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list