netinet/tcp.h

Robinow, David drobinow@dayton.adroit.com
Fri Sep 1 10:41:00 GMT 2000

 I've just compiled the lastest Python beta 1.6b1 under Cygwin 1.1.4
It builds out of the box except for 2 things:
 1) the ".exe" suffix problem which has existed for a while and requires
    patching two files. (Partial support for solving this exists and I've
    submitted a patch for finishing this up.)

 2) Modules/socketmodule.c  has a statement
    #include <netinet/tcp.h>

    This file does not exist in Cygwin.  However, if I do:
       touch /usr/include/netinet/tcp.h

    The build completes and the test_socket test completes successfully.
    (A few other tests fail. I'm still investigating those.)
    Apparently whatever "normal" unix systems tend to put in
    netinet/tcp.h is handled elsewhere in Cygwin.

    My question is:
      Would it be reasonable for Cygwin to include an empty copy of this
    file so that packages that assume it is necessary can compile
succesfully?

David Robinow