Current Directory? [Branch from Re: DLL naming conventions]

David A. Cobb superbiskit@home.com
Mon Sep 4 15:22:00 GMT 2000

Chris Faylor wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 11:19:25PM +0100, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
> >> Since windows-dll
> >> similar, you've got a problem.
> >
> >Most definitely.
>
> It is *not* strictly based on the executable path.  It first searches
> the current directory, then searches the directory containing the executable.

With the possibility of several processes active and several partitions, etc.,
just like the big boys; what does "current directory" mean?  I only see it when
defining a PIF for a DOS program.

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"Don't buy or use crappy software"