ifconf

stefan stefan@lkcc.org
Wed Sep 13 02:25:00 GMT 2000

Hello CygWin'ers,

i got two small questions.
1) Will there be support for mkfifo() in the cygwin1.dll ? I know POSIX
   leaves the behaviour of named pipes undocumented, but would be nice
   to have wrappers for CreateNamedPipe ...

2) I noticed you can list network devices and addresses. Here is what i
   got:

--- list of local interfaces you can start ip services on ---
                                     lo0: 127.0.0.1
                                    eth0: 192.168.2.7
                                    eth1: 0.0.0.0

   On the other hand i coded the same for my MingW32 port and got this:

--- list of local interfaces you can start ip services on ---
                            PPP Adapter.: 0.0.0.0
                    Novell 2000 Adapter.: 192.168.2.7
               MS TCP Loopback interface: 127.0.0.1

   Is it possible to determine if a device is "eth" or "ppp" ? The "eth1"
   in the upper list (with cygwin) should be: "ppp0" or something likely.
   I am using the old CygWinB20.1 so this might be outdated. Please tell
   me if so ?!

Thanks in advance.

stefan@lkcc.org