STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION/segfault problems with cygwin 1.1.4

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Thu Sep 14 10:59:00 GMT 2000

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 05:39:51AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>Adding -lm and -lc to the link process are definite problems.  I haven't
>reviewed your sample code yet but rest assured you don't want to `gcc -o foo
>foo.c -lc -lm'.  As for using gcc and cygwin1.1.4, I've built the cygwin
>runtime several times without these problems while using Cygwin1.1.4 product
>itself.

There was a long thread on this very problem a couple of days ago.  It's not
a cygwin bug.  It's a problem with "ld".

I asked DJ to look into this.  Maybe he can provide some more details.

cgf