control - c

Troy Motte tmotte@ibooks.com
Wed Sep 20 16:59:00 GMT 2000

hi folks:

1. I'm brand new to this list.  So pardon me if I'm clueless.

2. If I try to use control-c to cancel a command before pressing enter,
nothing happens.   Used to be that it would break out and I'd get a fresh
prompt.  Wish it still did.

3. Possibly related to this is the fact that sometimes when I'm really
flailing away, CSRSS.exe goes completely berserk  and takes all the cpu
cycles it can get, and I have to kill my Cygwin session to fix it.

Using latest download and NT 4 workstation.  Any ideas?

thanks
tm

PS Stty says:
>stty -a
speed 38400 baud; rows 50; columns 102; line = 0;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^H; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>; eol2 =
<undef>; start = ^Q;
stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt = ^R; werase = ^W; lnext = ^V; flush = ^O; min =
1; time = 0;
-parenb -parodd cs8 -hupcl -cstopb cread -clocal -crtscts
-ignbrk brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl ixon
-ixoff -iuclc -ixany -imaxbel
opost -olcuc -ocrnl onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0
ff0
isig icanon iexten echo -echoe -echok -echonl -noflsh -tostop -echoctl
-echoke