mount command and text/binary mode

TaKeDa takeda@chore.swiaty.pl
Mon Apr 2 15:46:00 GMT 2001

Hello cygwin,

$ mount
Device              Directory           Type         Flags
c:\SERVER\Apache\cgi-bin  /mnt/cgi            user         binmode
C:\SERVER\eggdrop\1.5.3  /mnt/egg            user         binmode
C:\CygWin\home\takeda  /home/administrator  user         binmode
C:\CygWin\bin       /usr/bin            user         binmode
C:\CygWin\lib       /usr/lib            user         binmode
C:\CygWin           /                   user         binmode

$ mount --show-cygdrive-prefixes
Prefix              Type         Flags
/cygdrive           user         binmode

As you see all mounting points are set into binary mode, but I notice
that cygwin still write files in text mode and this is realy anoying.

Right now I use Windows 2000 Server, I notice this problem with older
cygwin under win98, but it disapears after some time (I guess
upgrading helps, right now I use this same version which was working
correctly under win98)

Right now I'm trying to upgrade and I will see that problem will
exists or not ...

BTW: In registry flags are:
for /cygdrive is 0x22
fo other mount points is 0x02

I check with registry in w98 and is the same ...

BTW2: Why I can't add mount point to system-wide registry location?
When I trying to use arguments -bs it displays help.

BTW3: It's normal that when I'm mounting in place of win32patch
Instead of backslashes I need to use shlashes?
ie. C:\WINDOWS I need write as C:/WINDOWS to make mount command
working.

PS: Please add to CC my e-mail, because I'm not subscribet into this
list.

--
Regards,
 TaKeDa                          mailto:takeda@chore.swiaty.pl