sftp

Corinna Vinschen cygwin@cygwin.com
Wed Apr 4 08:27:00 GMT 2001

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 03:10:49PM +0200, Ronald Hecht wrote:

> Corinna Vinschen schrieb:
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 10:13:09AM +0200, Ronald Hecht wrote:
> > > Yes, the install does not copy sshd to in.sshd,
> > > but in the openssh-2.5.2p2.README you say:
> > >
> > >   If starting via inetd, copy sshd to eg. /usr/sbin/in.sshd and add the
> > >   following line to your inetd.conf file:
> > >
> > >   sshd stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/in.sshd sshd -i
> > >
> > > Instead of copy the file a symlink should be used.
> >
> > Ok, thanks for the hint. I will change the docs. Better not
> > to copy or symlink but to use sshd as is:
> >
> >    sshd stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/sshd sshd -i

> > > Seems to me, that this is the same I have. Unfortunately, no changes in
> > > behaviour.
> > > I compiled sftp-server myself.
> > > When I do "ls" after showing the dir, i get ID mismatch (3! = 4)
> > > whatever this meens ...
> >
> > Which login shell do you use? What's the shell in your /etc/passwd
> > entry? Could you change it to /bin/sh, /bin/bash and /bin/tcsh
> > just for testing?
> >

> I've tried all the shells, but no change :o(
> Does it depend on the /etc/profile? If yes, how looks yours?

I'm using tcsh which had raised the problem in scp in the OpenSSH
2.5.2p2-2 version. And tcsh doesn't use profile, so...

I don't know. My sftp-server (I'm now using the version which I sent
this morning) works seamlessly.

A last test, could you please upgrade your Cygwin DLL (just the
DLL itself) to the latest developers snapshot? If that doesn't
solve the problem you will have to debug it on your machine.

BTW, the sftp debug output you sent me a few hours ago looks
fine. Nothing of interest in it.

BTW2: Please send these stuff to the list, not to my private email
address.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.