SMB over SSH

Joseph M. Reagle Jr. reagle@MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 4 08:54:00 GMT 2001

Anyone know how to forward smb over ssh? I've seen that this works on non
windows machines with smbmount that can specify a port [1], but I haven't
been able to get either of the following to work.

ssh -L139:remote-linux-host:139 remote-linux-host
net use H: \\127.0.0.1\share

ssh -L5139:flux.w3.org:139 flux.w3.org
net use H: \\127.0.0.1:5139\share

[1]
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&ic=1&th=28adb9b4ddb3df99&seekd=982178478#982178478
__
Regards,          http://www.mit.edu/~reagle/
Joseph Reagle     E0 D5 B2 05 B6 12 DA 65  BE 4D E3 C1 6A 66 25 4E
MIT LCS Research Engineer at the World Wide Web Consortium.

* This email is from an independent academic account and is
not necessarily representative of my affiliations.