chmod

Simha, Shuba shuba_simha@merck.com
Thu Apr 5 07:41:00 GMT 2001

I downloaded cygwin for my winNT 4.
I am using SSH & SCP from Cygwin to connect to a remote host(with a
different username as that of cygwin) & get some files. But when I do scp,
it says "permission denied". I tried changing the permissions of the
homedir, but since chmod does not work on cygwin (which is very
disgusting!!), I am stuck here !!
I read all the documentation, FAQ & user guides about chmod. I badly want
scp to work, please help...
What about ntea? How do I set this environment variable? I want to make
clear that this client machine is used for heavy applications, that are
memory & space intensive. I understand that ntea creates a file that grows
extensively! Are there any possible solutions for my problem??

Any help asap is highly appreciated.

Thanks..
SS