If it is true, Please Help me.

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Sat Apr 7 10:40:00 GMT 2001

On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 04:43:02PM -0700, eventualdeath wrote:
> [...]

"They" just want you to think that they are using Cygwin.  It's
a cover.  A cover for something even more horrible than Cygwin
itself.

All right.  You've forced me to say it.

I'm sitting here in the middle of my communications nexus, monitoring
the cygwin mailing list.  I think that the time for secrecy is over.
The true nature of this project can be revealed.

Cygwin is a cover project for the VMS-on-Windows project.  This is why I
was hired onto the project.  My previous job provided some of this
functionality but the government wanted more because their operatives
needed stability and legacy of VMS coupled with the power of Windows 95.

Cygwin was a proof of concept.  Now that we have the technology, we
will be able to move forward with the VMS on Windows project.  Of
course, that is just a stepping stone towards the eventual goal of
TOPS-10 on Windows.  But you must crawl before you can fly.

cgf
aka Agent F

P.S. Pay no attention to the pizza van with the large dish antenna outside
     of your house.  It's a well-known fact that cygwin users love pizza.
     So, we have positioned vans outside of the house of every reader of
     this mailing list, in case you need pizza.  Yeah, that's it.  We'll
     deliver pizza to your house really quickly.

P.P.S. We will also be employing Cygwin "education units" to the houses of
       selected readers who have evinced "incorrect" thinking along the lines
       of desiring monolithic setup utilities or who are trying to actively
       use sftpd.  We hope that the education received will help people to
       achieve correct, harmonious thoughts with the rest of the community.

P.P.P.S.  Larry, you have a rip on your right sock.  Chuck, you should probably
          close that window.