Licensing

Mike Schiraldi raldi@research.netsol.com
Mon Apr 9 09:27:00 GMT 2001

> source definition either.  If one chose to make extensive
> modifications to make it work under Cygwin, and did not make those
> modifications available in an OSD way, then the resulting binary does
> not qualify for the exception.

Actually, we're not making any changes to either OpenLDAP or Cygwin. We just
want to link the two into the same executable. As far as i can tell from
some amateur legal research, because the OpenLDAP license is not
GPL-compatible, it would not be legal to do this without your special
clause.

So i just wanted to make sure that using OpenLDAP in this way qualifies for
the clause.

--
Mike Schiraldi
Verisign Applied Research