http://autogen.sourceforge.net

Bruce Korb bkorb@cruzio.com
Mon Apr 9 11:27:00 GMT 2001

Alex Brown wrote:

> Hello Bruce -
>
> I've had some success in applying Autogen 5 to the network management
> code generation problems I've mentioned, but unfortunately the tool
> needs to be built for Win32.   Autogen itself is not a problem, but I
> have tried to compile Guile in Win2K using the Cygnus cygwin tools,
> using the autoconf-configure-generated Makefile -- and amazingly enough
> it did build after a couple of environment and header file related
> problems were past.  However, there are apparently some remaining
> problems, esp. in scripts, due to the cygwin way of using path
> separators and switch indicators -- script execution gets badly
> confused.
>
> Have you built Guile and/or Autogen 5 for Win32?  Any ideas of anyone
> else whom I might contact on this?

Hi Alex,

I would like to get this resolved so I can put up a "how to" page
on my site.  I know Gary V. Vaughn got version 4.x up, but it did
not use Guile.  That *is* the sticking point.  I am forwarding this
to him and the Guile and CygWin lists to see if anyone has experience.
You're not the first, but I don't use Windows (much) and I haven't
heard the details of the one rumored success.

Regards,
	Bruce

P.S. If you would be kind enough to let me know what tweaks
     you needed to apply to build AutoGen under CygWin, I
     would appreciate.  Thanks!