Compiling cross compiler.

David Ryan oobles@hotmail.com
Mon Apr 9 22:14:00 GMT 2001

I received the following error while trying to compile a mips r5900 cross
compiler.

administrator@ROBOT ~/gnu-ee-binutils-gcc/gcc
$ ./genattr ./config/mips/mips.md > tmp-attr.h
.  At file position: 630ound character
Following characters are:

;;  GNU CC is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
;;  but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
;;  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
;Aborting.
rtl.c:508: Internal compiler error in function dump_and_abort
Please submit a Problem Report to Cygnus Solutions with send-pr.

Anyone assist in fixing this?  I downloaded the original file from
ps2dev.sourceforge.net
The file is gnu-ee-binutils-gcc-1.1.tar.gz

I did have some problems with finding the correct libintl.a and resorted to
downloading
the source to gettext and compiling it and renaming libintl.dll.a to
libintl.a and placing the
file in the location the makefile was expecting.   This still caused
problems with an import
__isascii in one file.  I removed the call to isascii() from listing.c which
seemed to resolve
the problem.  I'd prefer to find a method of linking the correct libintl.a
file (which I assume
has the isascii function).

Final question.  Is there any documentation on how to build a package that
can be downloaded and installed using the install program?  After I have
compiled this I would like to offer it to people as a package that does not
require compilation.

thanks,
David.