bash 2.05

Andrius Docius ADocius@alna.lt
Tue Apr 10 13:28:00 GMT 2001

Hello,

today I read an announcement on FreshMeat about bash 2.05.
It seems that official bash maintainer incorporated some
CYGWIN-specific patches, but one minor issue prevented the compilation:
in readline library I found one rather strange line: #include <windows.h>

But as fas as I know, cygwin has /dev/clipboard now.
After some time I had new bash-2.05 binaries and a patch file.
In case someone will be interested I am sending it here.
(btw, current version of readline library (4.2.1) in contrib has the same
code)

So there is kind of a question:
how clipboard-related stuff should be implemented ?
 Using windows style (<windows.h>, GetClipboardData (CF_TEXT), etc. )
 or using cygwin-style (fopen("/dev/clipboard", ...), etc.) ?

with best regards,
Andrius D.