Bash Prompt Here?

Ross Smith ross.smith@pobox.com
Thu Apr 12 22:05:00 GMT 2001

> From: Matthew O. Persico
>
> Powertoys puts a Dos Prompt Here option on rightclick popup menus. I've
> searched the archives, but I cannot find how it was done for Cygwin.
> Does anyone know?

This works for me.  You may need to change the c:\cygwin if you've installed
cygwin somewhere else.

I've also attached it.

Lemme know if it works for you too.

If it's generally applicable, maybe cygwin will include it in the standard
distro.

-Ross

;
; "Bash Prompt Here"
;
; Copyright 2001 Ross Smith
; Licensed under the LGPL ( http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.txt )

[version]
signature="$CHICAGO$"

[BashHereInstall]
CopyFiles = BashHere.Files.Inf
AddReg    = BashHere.Reg

[DefaultInstall]
CopyFiles = BashHere.Files.Inf
AddReg    = BashHere.Reg

[DefaultUnInstall]
DelFiles  = BashHere.Files.Inf
DelReg    = BashHere.Reg

[SourceDisksNames]
55="Bash Prompt Here","",1

[SourceDisksFiles]
BashHere.INF=55

[DestinationDirs]
BashHere.Files.Inf = 17

[BashHere.Files.Inf]
BashHere.INF

[BashHere.Reg]
HKLM,%UDHERE%,DisplayName,,"%BashHereName%"
HKLM,%UDHERE%,UninstallString,,"rundll32.exe
syssetup.dll,SetupInfObjectInstallAction DefaultUninstall 132
%17%\BashHere.inf"
HKCR,Directory\Shell\BashHere,,,"%BashHereAccel%"
HKCR,Directory\Shell\BashHere\command,,,"c:\cygwin\bin\bash --login -i -c
'cd `cygpath -u ""%1""`; bash -i'"
HKCR,Drive\Shell\BashHere,,,"%BashHereAccel%"
HKCR,Drive\Shell\BashHere\command,,,"c:\cygwin\bin\bash --login -i -c 'cd
`cygpath -u ""%1""`; bash -i'"

[Strings]
BashHereName="Bash Prompt Here"
BashHereAccel="&Bash Prompt Here"
UDHERE="Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BashHere"