some more questions :cygwin setup failed

rahul toley rahul_toley@yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 11:00:00 GMT 2001

Hi Gerrit,

Thanks for your help and explanation. I used setup.exe to install cygwin  . Still the shell gets killed . If I try to open the cygwin.dat(under C:\cygwin directory) file , it opens as a shell with title "Finished - cygwin"
the prompt itself shows "bad command or filename"  . If I try to do anything to this shell , the system prompts me to close it .

Basically after installation , I see an icon and if I click on it , the shell opens and gets killed immediately .

I need cygwin to install verilog-icarus,perl and gcc.

I would appreciate your diagnostics as I couldnt get any more info from the user guide regarding installation and the first steps after installation.

I expected cygwin a unix like shell from where I can execute all unix development tools eventually.

thanks,
Rahul.