RCS 5.7 Patches

Jason Tishler Jason.Tishler@dothill.com
Mon Apr 16 06:58:00 GMT 2001

Louis,

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 09:28:45AM -0400, Louis Bohm wrote:
> I do not believe there are CR's at the end.  When I pulled it up in vi I did
> not see anything.  I even ftped it to a solaris box and pulled it up in vi and
> did not see anything.
>
> Is there a better way I can check for CR's.

Try file or od -c.

I just saved the patch from:

by copying and pasting from Netscape into (GUI) Vim.  Note that the file
created by this procedure *had* CRs:

    $ file foo.patch
    foo.patch: ASCII English text, with CRLF line terminators
    $ dos2unix foo.patch
    $ file foo.patch
    foo.patch: ASCII English text

I've attached foo.patch for your convenience.

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235