1.1.8: the read command in bash does not behaive the same as in ksh

Bob McGowan rmcgowan@veritas.com
Tue Apr 24 09:47:00 GMT 2001

>From the pdksh web page ( http://web.cs.mun.ca/~michael/pdksh/ ):

  Its weak points are that there are still a few differences from ksh88 (the
major one is that `echo hi | read x' does not set x in the current shell - the
read is done in a separate process).

Troy Noble wrote:

> pdksh is listed on the cygwin ported software links page:
>
> http://www.hirmke.de/software/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Hirmke_Michael
> /GNUWin32-links.html
>
> and more specifically:
>
> http://www.hirmke.de/software/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Hirmke_Michael