Problems with .EXE files overriding shell scripts in PATH.

Sergio Del Rio sdelrio@home.com
Wed Apr 25 12:14:00 GMT 2001

For the most part, all shell scripts that I have are found by bash if they
are in the PATH.

I am trying to write a script that overrides an existing SQLPLUS.EXE file
that is also in the path. I created a script called sqlplus and placed it
into /usr/local/bin which is the first thing in the path. What I notice is
that the sqlplus shell script is not getting executed at all, the system is
executing the SQLPLUS.EXE program which is found later on in the path.

Why does this happen?

How can I get around it?

Regards,
Sergio Del Rio