mpg123 patch

Andy Younger andylyounger@hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 15:16:00 GMT 2001

The new version of cygwin 1.3.1 has basic support for /dev/dsp.

When I get time I will try and make a few sound packages for the cygwin
install. Until then here is a quick/crude patch for the latest version of
mpg123 (mpg123-0.59r)

How to install.
	Get mpg123-0.59r.tar.gz from the www.mpg123.com site
	$ tar zxf mpg123-0.59r.tar.gz

patch it

	$ zcat mpg123-0.59r-patch.gz | patch -p0

compile & install it

	$ cd mpg123-0.59r

	$ make cygwin

You should now have a mpg123.exe in the current directory. Happy listening.

	Andy

P.S. The /dev/dsp supports having WAV's copied to it, hence

$ cat WAVFILE >/dev/dsp

should play most WAV formats correctly (albiet with a small click on begin
and end).