cygrunsrv and .bat files ??

Glenn Mabbutt morebeans@hotmail.com
Wed Aug 1 15:08:00 GMT 2001

OK, I've tried it again, this time using the syntax:

cygrunsrv -I VncControl -p c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe -a "/c c:\vnc\vncv.bat"

Still no go - same scenario as before, it appears to install, but hangs and
ultimately fails on start.

Also, just to run down some options, I found a bat2exe prog, which
ironically only turns the batch file into a .com file, and then I found a
com2exe prog, which takes my .com file and makes it into an executable
(vncv.exe).  Executes fine stand-alone from the command prompt, but
cygrunsrv is still having difficulties.

I'm beginning to think perhaps there's something else bolloxed in my setup.
One of the examples in the readme related to passing a CYGWIN env. variable
- although the machine I'm testing on already has that set, is this
something I need to look at??

Next I'm going to try this with "normal" executables just to see if they're
OK on my system...

Thanks,
Glenn