cygrunsrv automatic startup fails with rinetd

Miles Sabin miles@mistral.co.uk
Fri Aug 3 03:41:00 GMT 2001

Hi folks,

I think this is the same problem that other people have reported
recently. I have rinetd ( http://www.boutell.com/rinetd/ ) cygwin
compiled, with a minor tweak to supress the double fork on startup,
and installed with cygrunsrv. This is on Win2K Pro SP2, cygwin updated
to current via setup, and with cygrunsrv --version reporting,

  cygrunsrv V0.94, Jul 11 2001

Manual service start and stop seem to work fine, but leaves the
following entries in the Win2K Application log,

  Event Type:	Information
  Event Source:	rinetd
  Event Category:	None
  Event ID:	0