difficulties with 1.4.5/cygwin
Jan Nieuwenhuizen
janneke@gnu.org
Tue Aug 14 06:45:00 GMT 2001
"William R. Brohinsky" <raybro@portone.com> writes:
> Urqh!
>
> Tonight, in frustration, I upgraded python from the supported 1.5.2-2 in
> the distribution to 2.2 from the full cygwin distrib.
>
> And now, ly2dvi works.
>
> I'm not sure if I'm happy (well, ok, I'm elated) or upset (well,
> confused, I am!)
>
> But it worked.
I've looked into that python supported by cygwin, but I'm not planning
to include it, as it seems to be a rather quaint mixture of
cygwin/unix and windows. At the core, it uses windows paths and
stuff.
I think we should wait until cygwin fixes python to use unix style
paths. Until then, I've added your suggestion to the wiki,
http://lilypond.org/wiki?TroubleshootingWindows
Greetings,
Jan.
--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien | http://www.lilypond.org
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list