keyboard buffer order

Troy Noble troy.noble@channelpoint.com
Tue Aug 21 08:12:00 GMT 2001

This has come up before.  You're probably on win9x (or Me), right?

I don't think it was resolved.  Maybe in 1.3.2 or a recent snapshot?
Seem to recall there was some breakage in the Win9x console handling
that caused it.  I didn't keep track to tell you the truth.

But there were a couple of good work-arounds.  The best one I saw was
to use the rxvt compiled for cygwin that doesn't require X support.
See this article that talks more about it.

Of course rxvt is now included in the cygwin distro, so the
most recent copy comes from the cygwin/contrib sites and
is accessible via setup.exe if you've not got it installed
yet.

BTW console probs on Win9x are not germain to cygwin.  Vim
and other programs contain similar warnings about such
problems.  So rxvt might be a better approach all the way
around on Win9x.

I don't recall seeing this problem reported on NT/2000.

Troy