Make-3.79 problem: configure: error: can not run ./config.sub

Mohammad Saleem mohammad_saleem_1999@yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 00:16:00 GMT 2001

Hi all,
I wish to build make version 3.79 according to the instructions given below:
tar -zxvf make-3.79.tar.gz cd make-3.79 mkdir build cd build ../configure --prefix=/usr make check make install
But I get following error messages already at configure stage:
bash-2.02$ bash ./configure --prefix=/usr creating cache ./config.cache checking for a BSD compatible install... /cygnus/CYGWIN~1/H-I c checking whether build environment is sane... yes checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes checking for working aclocal... missing checking for working autoconf... missing checking for working automake... missing checking for working autoheader... missing checking for working makeinfo... missing configure: error: can not run ./config.sub

Why I get these messages and how I can solve this problem?
I will appreciate your help in this regards
thanks
/Mohammad Do You Yahoo!?