problem with cron and network shares
Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
lhall@rfk.com
Thu Aug 23 09:20:00 GMT 2001
At 12:08 PM 8/23/2001, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
>At 12:00 PM 8/23/2001, Cioffari, Joseph wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I am currently able to execute the following command at the command line in
> >cygwin with no problem:
> >
> >$cp /home/Administrator/test.doc J:/docs/sfrank (Copies the file from my
> >local cygwin home directory to a mapped network share)
> >
> >However, when I put this (or any cp/ftp/mv command that involves a network
> >share) in my crontab it spits back an error saying "Permission Denied" when
> >trying to copy the file over to the mapped network share. It seems that
> >cron will only copy files to my local machine directories but not network
> >shares.
> >
> >Just wondering why it works if I manually perform the operation but doesn't
> >work ("Permission Denied") when I run it through cron. I've also tried
> >removing the file first just to make sure it wasn't copying over itself.
> >
> >Any ideas?
>
>
>Does the user that cron run as have access to these shares?
^^^^
runs
>Possible (easy) solution: Use UNC paths instead.
>
>
>
>Larry Hall lhall@rfk.com
>RFK Partners, Inc. http://www.rfk.com
>118 Washington Street (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
>Holliston, MA 01746 (508) 893-9889 - FAX
>
>
>--
>Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
>Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
>Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
>FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list