ERROR while building Gcc 3.0.1 for sh-coff in cygwin environment

GNUTeam gnuteam@kpit.com
Fri Aug 24 03:01:00 GMT 2001

Hi All!!

	I have downloaded the GCC 3.0.1 source code and I am building the sh-coff
tool chain in cygwin environment on Windows 2000.

	The binutils (2.11.2), gcc core compiler and newlib (1.9.0) got build
successfully. Then I started the final build for gcc full compiler. Here it
gets stuck on the line "checking for working strncmp...". Through the task
manager I saw atleast 4 copies of sh.exe running. When I ended one of the
sh.exe session from task manager the build went ahead, but again got stuck
on the same message. Now my Task manager doesn't show any sessions for
sh.exe.

	I have observed the same behavior while building gcc 3.0 for sh-coff in
cygwin. I have build the sh-elf tool chain for gcc 3.0.1 & gcc 3.0
successfully.

	How do I get over this and build the tool chain successfully?

Thanks & Regards
Rekha Deshmukh