Problems with path resolution

Christopher Faylor cygwin@cygwin.com
Sat Aug 25 11:14:00 GMT 2001


On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 11:29:57PM -0700, nasser abbasi wrote:
>I am also seeing some strange path problems with 1.3.2
>
>I say 
>
>ls -l  /cygdrive/f/foo
>
>and it lists it.
>
>I say
>
>file /cygdrive/f/foo
>
>and I get an error 'No such file or directory'
>
>foo is some binary file.

I assume that foo has a .exe extension.  ls -l will tack on a .exe to a file name if
it can't find it without the extension.  ls is probably the only cygwin utility that
will do that, with the possible exception of 'cp' (depends on the version of cp and
there are bugs in all versions).

So, the short answer is 'always add the .exe extension'.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list