Two questions about CygTcl/Tk

Marco Natoni mnatoni@rumbanet.it
Sun Aug 26 09:26:00 GMT 2001

Hello All,

  I have tried to compile and to run the "Tk-application skeleton"
tkAppInit.c, shipped with the Cygnus Tcl/Tk 8.0 package and I have
encountered some (I image common) troubles.

  1. Why some X11 library headers are required? Is it possible to avoid
     this request?

  2. I have added the required headers (getting them from a Linux box)
     and the program has been successfully compiled but, when I run it,
     I obtain a message like:

       Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
       D:/CYGWIN/HOME/MNATONI/share/tcl8.0
       D:/CYGWIN/HOME/MNATONI/usr/share/tcl8.0
       D:/CYGWIN/HOME/share/tcl8.0
       This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly

     I have also created a link in my home directory to the /usr/share
     directory (that contains the required files) but the answer has
     been more rude:  Something like "couldn't read file
     D:/CYGWIN/.../init.tcl").  How can run my tkAppInit.exe file or how
     can I remove the "D:\CYGWIN" string in the search path?

  Thank you in advance, and...

--
Best regards,
 Marco                          mailto:mnatoni@rumbanet.it