libwww install fails on cygwin: HEAD vs. head filename confusion?

Gerrit P. Haase gp@familiehaase.de
Mon Aug 27 23:45:00 GMT 2001

Gisle Aas schrieb am 2001-08-27, 17:55:

>"Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb@nyckelpiga.de> writes:
>
>> >Trying to install libwww-perl on cygwin, but seem to be having a problem with
>> >the symlink make install wants to create from /usr/bin/HEAD to
>> >/usr/bin/lwp-request. (Output below may be an aritifact of a previous failed
>> >make install.) I suspect the problem may be related to the fact that cygwin has
>> >a /usr/bin/head (like the tail program), which may be gettting confused with
>> >/usr/bin/HEAD due to Windows 2000 /  Cygwin filename case-sensitivity issues?
>>
>> I remember we resolved this, right?
>
>In a way.  The newest dev releases will ask interactively if you want
>to install these programs and these links.
>
>--Gisle

There is also now an option to make Cygwin using case-sensitivity,
if set to case_check:strict, there should be no more problems:

CYGWIN=$'binmode tty ntsec case_check:strict nowinsymlinks'

Gerrit

--
=^..^=