vim doesn't work

Satya Nemana satya@paramanet.com
Mon Dec 3 08:38:00 GMT 2001

To fix all vim's cygwin dll problems, reinstall libncurses5 package and
try again.

I am OK with vim now, after I did this as per CYGWIN/FAQ. It is
pretty-straight forward.

But Rob, I don't understand how selecting "Source" fixes this. See your
reply below.

For your quick info, here is a snapshot of this FAQ from cygwin
homepage.

My application cannot locate cygncurses5.dll!!!

   If you upgraded recently, and suddenly vim (or some other Cygwin
application) fails with this message, it means that you did not follow
these instructions properly:
`http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2001/msg00124.html'.  To repair
the damage, you must run setup.exe again, and re-install the
`libncurses5' package.

   Note that setup won't show this option by default.  In the "Select
packages to install" dialogue, click on the `Full/Part' button.  This
lists all packages, even those that are already installed.  Scroll down
to locate the `libncurses5' package.  Click on the "cycle" glyph until
it says "Reinstall".  Continue with setup.

Satya Nemana