Scripts

Peter Buckley peter.buckley@cportcorp.com
Wed Dec 5 09:57:00 GMT 2001

Does the script have "#!/bin/bash" at the top? Does it have bash-only
commands and is possibly being executed by sh? Is the script in your
path? Have you tried putting "set -x" at the top of the script? Maybe
include the contents of the script in your post. More information about
your problem will help more people help you.

HTH,
Peter

kevin.a.abram@accenture.com wrote:

> Cygwin developers,
>
>    I am running cygwin on a NT box.  I am trying to create a script which
>    will rcp files in a directory from one host to another.
>    After inserting the appropriate commands, I return to the prompt and
>    type the file name. In Unix this executes the script
>    if the appropriate permissions are set. But nothing happens, I simply
>    get another prompt. Can You think of a reason for
>    this.
>

> Thanks
>
> Kevin Abram

> privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have
> original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.
>

> --

Your mouse has moved.
Reboot now?  [OK]