install question

Peter Buckley peter.buckley@cportcorp.com
Thu Dec 6 09:48:00 GMT 2001

Joey,

Sorry I was so sarcastic, I could have said what I did much nicer. I
have been struggling with that lately in email.

Thanks for the details- but they need to go to the list as well so you
don't have just lowly old me helping. I replied to your email address
(and the list, cygwin@cygwin.com) because I wasn't sure if you were
subscribed or not. Some people prefer to not get two copies of the same
mail (my mailer filters it) but even if you do reply to me, make sure
you "reply all" so the list can see the details and hopefully the
resolution of your problem.

I don't know specifically what the problem is- but I have some
suggestions to try, and maybe someone else on the list will have some
other suggestions on how to help.

When you ran the setup.exe program (the icon that those guys provide)
and proceeded with the install, did you choose

Install from Internet
Download from Internet
Install from Local Directory

?

I would recommend trying to just "Download from Internet" first, and
then when you know you have successfully downloaded all the packages you
want, run setup.exe again and "Install from Local Directory" to install.

Also, I would try a different download location- C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\My Documents\downloads looks like the place where
you downloaded setup.exe to, and I am guessing that it is your local
package directory as well. I recommend moving setup.exe into another
folder, a simple one with no spaces in the path, such as C:\tmp. Those
who are in the know, correct me if I am wrong. Setup.exe may handle
spaces in path names just fine, but it might help rule out an errata if
you try to run setup.exe from C:\tmp or C:\temp.

Also, have you read the FAQ? There is a section called "What to do if
setup fails?" that might help you out.

Let us know how it works,
Peter

Your mouse has moved.