stty and echo woes

egor duda deo@logos-m.ru
Wed Dec 26 09:39:00 GMT 2001

Hi!

Wednesday, 26 December, 2001 Mark Wood-Patrick mwoodpatrick@nvidia.com wrote:

MWP> I am having problems with echo being disabled after running certain commands
MWP> (e.g. man, less, tset). I am runing Cygwin DLL 1.1.8 on windows 2k.
MWP> My TERM variable ois set to cygwin.

how about CYGWIN environment variable? Does it set to 'tty'?

MWP> Does anyone have any idea what's going on here or how I fix it

first, you may consider trying to upgrade to the latest version of
cygwin1.dll. I don't remember any tty issues being fixed lately, but
1.1.8 is a waaay back.
second, please include cygcheck output to your report so that people
can see what your environment is.