Potential problems with Cygwin GCC and -mno-cygwin switch

Jon Leichter jon@symas.com
Thu Dec 27 19:08:00 GMT 2001

Hmm... I'm not sure why this would be the case. I have relocated my
libraries, and I have updated my specs file. Things work just fine for me
(or it seems). I wonder if you could elaborate your assertion with an
example. (I don't want to upset Chris Faylor - is this something we should
discuss off the mailing list?)

> (Until every
> package gets repackaged, at a significant time cost to the package
> maintainers).
>
> And as this would be (at best) an interim fix until gcc is corrected, I
> for one do not support implementing this - the time cost would get gcc
> fixed many times over.
>
> Rob

Based on the conversation we've been having, I no longer think this is a
general good idea either. I stated this is a previous email. I agree that
the right solution is to "correct" gcc.

The relocation that I have done merely serves as an interim solution for me.

Jon