Is there anyway to download the Cygwin Users Guide?

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Mon Dec 31 16:13:00 GMT 2001

Aaron,

The archived documentation file (<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-docs.tar.gz>) is
485 Kbytes. That's about a 1.5 minute download at 56kbps.

If that's unacceptable, then take my other suggestion: Learn to use wget to
mirror Web and FTP sites and pages. Wget can do recursive retrieval of HTML
and wild-card retrieval of FTP files and directories. It provides an
incredible degree of automation and control and you would not need to enter
lots of URLs for an interlinked set of pages such as the Cygwin HTML User
Guide or FAQ (in its multi-page, frame-based format).

You're really making this task out to be much more onerous than it really is.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA