libuser32.a left out of latest Cygwin distro?

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Mon Feb 5 21:57:00 GMT 2001

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 12:51:11AM -0500, soren@wonderstorm.com wrote:
>Hello Cygwin maintainers,
>
>Did libuser32.a inadvetantly get omitted from the very latest Cygwin
>distro [Win32API or whatever part?] (I just updated using
>"setup.exe"  this pm, and re-ran a build that formerly had no such
>dependency troubles; and got a failure from ld.exe that it could not
>find "-luser32". I confirmed by searching that libuser32.a wasn't
>present).

It's not left out.  It's right in w32api-20010130-1.tar.gz where it
belongs.

If it *was* left out, then this wouldn't be the cygwin mailing list.  It
would be the cygwin-why-can't-I-build-anything-with-gcc??!!! mailing
list.

cgf