1.1.8: problem linking using gcc, g77 (NT 4.0)

Mumit Khan khan@NanoTech.Wisc.EDU
Tue Feb 13 13:45:00 GMT 2001

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Rafal Filipczyk wrote:

> I am enclosing the information you were looking for
> in an attachement. I have Visual Fortran loaded.
> I suspect it interferes with gcc linking. It shows
> up in the file I am enclosing.

First thing you ought to do is to look at good at your
environment variables, specifically the following:

  LIBRARY_PATH
  COMPILER_PATH
  C_INCLUDE_PATH
  CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH

and if any of these are set, you should unset them.

Secondly, why are you telling the linker to look in
LCC's and MSVC's library directory!!!! Look at the
file and see references to /cygdrive/e/Program Files/lcc/lib
and also to DevStudio files. Either you're explicitly
adding -L/cygdrive/e/Program Files/lcc/lib or worse, you
have these in LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

Clean up your environment variables. If you need more
help with this, please post your current environment
variables.

  $ env > /tmp/env.out

and include the /tmp/env.out file.

Regards,