cygwin and GPL (again)

Jonathan Kamens jik@curl.com
Thu Feb 15 06:09:00 GMT 2001

>  From: Jesper Eskilson <jojo@virtutech.se>
>  Date: 15 Feb 2001 10:27:27 +0100
>
>  Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> writes:
>
>  > The problem is that this mailing list is becoming increasingly less
>  > interesting to me personally.  It was actually stimulating to see people
>  > discussing how to speed up stat().
>
>  But isn't that a topic for the cygwin-developers list?

After reading the descriptions of the cygwin and cygwin-developers
list, I got the distinct impression that I don't belong on the
cygwin-developers list.  And yet I needed to have this discussion with
people.

I am not a cygwin developer.  I don't want to be a cygwin developer.
All I want to be able to do is make cygwin work as reliably and as
fast as possible for my coworkers and me.  If that means that
occasionally I have to go digging into the source code, so be it, but
that doesn't make me a cygwin developer, at least not according to the
description on the Web site.

  jik